Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aloha

As I begin to write this I have to hold back tears because in the last eleven months Hawaii has captured my heart. Chance is moving on from the military and at this point we are uncertain of where life will lead us next. It has taken me a long time to accept the fact that I have to leave this paradise I currently call home. I have literally had to force myself into making a list of things I can look forward to on the so dull sounding 'mainland'. I wake up every morning and glance out at turquoise waters in the Kaneohe Bay of Oahu and my heart melts. I have now accepted the reality that I have to leave. I have to look forward to new adventures in uncharted lands, being closer to my family and friends, and hoping that if I work really really extra super duper hard I can come back here permanently one day... if not I will visit annually! 
This is the view I get while drinking my coffee on the lanai


It was almost two years ago now that I first stepped foot on this island and it lost me in all the beauty immediately. I have never once felt trapped on an island and I get so mad when I hear people say they do not like it here. Seriously people, what is there not to like about paradise? (tsunami's, okay i'll give you that one) This place is magical though and has become a part of me forever. So looking back on all of the amazing memories I have made in my short time here I will be spending the next 31 days sharing them with you. 

31 days of aloha to Hawaii... bittersweet


My first visit to sunset beach



This picture was taken during my first trip to Hawaii which was a total of four days, but a lot of my great memories come from that short time. Chance was about to leave for an 8 month deployment and we made the most of our short time together. We were able to catch the sunset at Sunset Beach up at North Shore. I will cherish these Hawaiian sunsets always. Which is why this memory is starting of the list. Enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment