Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Aloha to the fruit of the gods

I know it is silly, and I am well aware that you can purchase pineapple on the mainland, but it is just not the same as it is in Hawaii. I am  convinced that the forbidden fruit is actually Dole pineapple from Hawaii and it is a lie that it was an apple. I have not purchased a single pineapple here that did not taste like a little piece of heaven. They are perfectly sweet and juicy and taste amazing with pretty much anything. I am sitting here trying to think of something that pineapple does not go with and I am stumped. The Dole plantation has a bunch of juicy tidbits about the history of pineapples and how they grow, it has some delectable frozen pineapple treats, and the world's largest maze! (which is in the shape of a pineapple)

Enjoying some pineapple ice cream



Nicole came to visit, and we took her for some yummy pineapple !


Silly, maybe, but I am going to miss pineapple in Hawaii! Not to mention all of the other delicious tropical fruits like passion fruit, lychee, mangoes, papaya, star fruit, and all of these other exotic looking magically tasteful fruits.
I will miss it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment