Sunday, April 3, 2011

Natural Beauty

I have fallen a little behind on my farewells to this island, partly because I have been busy, but mostly because I just do not want to really have to say goodbye to it all. I did get side tracked on Thursday evening making a snowboard video of Joey for the school talent show, and then was busy enjoying my weekend.

To catch up for the last few days I will say goodbye to the nature around me.  The strategically shaped volcanic mountains laden with canopies of green, the picture perfect sunrises and sunsets, the tropical flowers that seem unimaginably real, and the sparkling turquoise blue hues that completely envelop me. I have been so fortunate to live here. I will miss the beauty of this place more than anything. 

Below are some of the moments I have captured in the past few months. These are the things I get to see daily and I constantly have reminded myself to never take them for granted. I cross between the pali's every morning and I always look out over the bay, pause, and then give thanks that I have had the opportunity to live here for the past year.

The pink sunset from our lanai

Pyramid Rock 

Tropical Flower


View from Mariner's Ridge hike

I will miss drinking my coffee on the lanai in the mornings. I will miss the way the clouds get caught on the pali's and form a layer of gray atop the green mountains. I love the Banyan trees and how their roots grow from their branches and into the ground. The random flowers that you can pick and place so elegantly in your hair. The birds that make loud noises in the trees. The sunrise as I cross the Pali every morning. Most of all I will miss the ocean. The salt has become a part of my blood and when I go awhile without having it on my skin I do not feel myself. The waters are healing, they relax me and calm me and let me forget everything else and just be a part of them. I will certainly miss the ocean most!

This is kind of how I feel about the ocean.
"I wish I could live where the sea meets the land.
The ocean and I would be the best of friends.
I'd make her my own. I would float in her waves.
She would sing me to sleep as she carries me away"- Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment