Thursday, July 7, 2011

Spending Time With Carrie

We were lucky enough to spend some time with Carrie after her wedding and it was great. Chance and I went over on Mother's Day and cooked her dinner, drank some wine, and hung out. We had a wonderufl time. While Chance was around he also convinced his Mom to buy a computer for her house and got her all set up with internet. I never knew it would be so difficult to find a desk but it took us quite a while to find one (Chance and I are still searching for one for our new home). Now we are able to skype with her as well, which is awesome!
Jim, Carrie, and Chance 

Happy Mother's Day to a Great Mom!! :)


We took a day hike with her up to Zion. Last year when Chance and I visited home we went up to Angel's Landing, but it was so crowded and I had worn these crumby shoes and ended up going barefoot most of the way so we only went as far as Scout's Lookout. This time I was determined to make it all the way to the top, and I am so glad I did! It was incredible! I stayed focused on my feet holding on ever so tightly to the chains that pave the way to the top. I was very cautious not to look down at the straight drop on either side of me. It was so nice to go with Chance and Carrie though, this is something they have done together for many years. He used to run up as quick as he could and she would have to chase after him, he was not allowed to go up Angel's Landing until he was 10 or 11 I think because it is not some small hike. In fact the day we went Carrie and I literally saw this man scrambling at the edge, hand waving for balance, and trying not to die right in front of us. It scared me to death to see that! I kept going though! I will post a video of the views soon :)




Walter's Wiggles (I think)

On the Edge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment