Thursday, July 7, 2011

Brotherly Love

I got to spend almost 6 whole weeks with my family and I was so very excited to hang out with my brothers! I kind of think they are a big deal and they mean the world to me. The first few weeks I was there they were still in school and it felt like the only time I got to see them was at the ball fields. Pat and Vinnie were on the same this team and Joey was in a separate league, this meant that one or the others had practice and/or a game EVERY night. So I kind of lived at the ball fields, but enjoyed watching every minute of it! My Dad helped coach Pat and Vinnie's team which was fun to watch. Vinnie is good at stopping those grounders at second and Pat is good at catching fly balls in the outfield, always managing to lose his hat and wisp his luscious locks around (haha). Joey's team actually went on to win the championships this year, his team nicknamed him twinkie and although he is good on defense, the poor runt of the team has such a small strike zone that 90% of the time he gets walked or pegged with the ball.
Twinkie

Vin-Nay

Patticakes

I was also able to go on a field trip to Zion National Park with Joey and about 200 5th graders, not to mention the flood of other schools that were going on the same hike the same day. There was a lot of "get down from there" "you  need to slow down" "stay on the trail" "no you can not go swimming in the water" going on that day. It was still a blast though. My Dad and I both chaperoned and the weather was gorgeous!
Dad and Joey at the First Pool 

Headed Off to Middle School Soon

Emerald Pools 

My Dad had to leave town for a couple days so Chance conjured up this master plan to clean the house up really nice for my Dad and in return for their help my brothers would get a new Xbox. It took two days and a lot of elbow grease to accomplish this, but the boys were troopers (for the most part) and had their eyes set on the prize. Now they can play Xbox Live with Chance (woo!).

Summer is in full swing now and the boys have transitioned from snowboarding the slopes, to mountain biking the trails. I think they do a lot of nothing these days. Staying up late, sleeping in, playing video games, floating the river, and hanging out with friends. What else is Summer for? I miss them so very very much every day, but I was able to set them up with my old laptop while I was home and Skype is the closest I can get to seeing their handsome faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment