Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Breath Of Fresh Air

Yay!!! I got a new job, and it is in a hospital, and kind of exactly what I wanted. The day I interviewed I had to meet with a woman from human resources and then the manager of the hiring department. Interviews always make me nervous, no matter how confident I am in my abilities to do the job, but I stayed mostly calm. The managers name is Tamey, and well she sort of filled my heart with a great amount of joy from all the nice things she had to say. She made me feel completely natural, and started pulling the confidence back out of me. She was so surprised that this was the ELEVENTH position I had applied to at the hospital, and the first I had heard a peep about. She told me that she was not about to let the hospital lose me to someone else, the position I am currently in is only on-call/part-time. Tamey though, she is the breath of fresh air I am referring to.  Tamey has been advocating for me since I left the interview, she hardly knows me, and yet is willing to push for me to stay there and get on full time. It is nice to know that there are people out there, that still do kind things like this. She owes me nothing, and if anything I owe her for hiring me for the position, but it does not stop her from emailing her colleagues and making phone calls on my behalf. After my two day orientation I walked in to my new office which I share with four other woman. Tamey took me on a tour, and right away pulls up openings in the hospital and says a new one is posted and she thinks I would be great at it, and she would be meeting with the manager of that department to talk about placing me in the position. I kind of love her already! I mean how could you not, she is willing to fight for me, without hardly knowing me. I officially started last week, and I am loving it. The position is for the operating room scheduling department, booking and managing 16 OR's plus 6 Endoscopy rooms. Some of it is stuff I know, I feel there are some things that I can teach them, and there is a lot of new knowledge for me to gain from this position. I am in the works of getting back in to some classes by next semester and most likely pursuing a secondary degree in nursing. Chance and I have decided to use our time in Virginia to finish school/gain work experience.

It is so nice to be working, and the positive of the on-call position is that while our three different sets of guests come this  month, I have most of the days off that they are around. When I got home from the first interview Chance had a huge smile on his face and he says to me "my girlfriend is back" I did not know whether to laugh or cry or smile, because I knew what he meant, but I also felt horrible that I had lost myself in that time. He missed my glow, and I am sure he is happy to have my happy self back, because I know I sure am!


My biggest point of this whole post is that I am so very thankful for the people like Tamey in my life, who I know have been placed there for a very specific reason.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you found a job! And I totally know what you mean about someone else being a good person and caring about you in the work envirooment! I happy you met Tamey! Sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete