Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Summer Funk

I seem to be trending on a every two month major blog update, but my goal is to not let that happen. With the holidays coming up and family visiting, I think I will find more to talk about. Besides I was in a 'Summer Funk' the kind of funk where you would just rather not talk about it, because there is not much to talk about. Chance and I got to Virginia in the middle of June and the summer was spent adjusting to our new life, needless to say, it was not easy. It is very easy to wake up everyday in Hawaii and be happy. The Eastern Shore, well it does not quite have the same effect on me.. yet.

It seemed like every couple of weeks there was a new obstacle I felt I had to overcome, while the entire time quickly becoming discouraged about finding a job. The majority of my summer was spent hanging out with Tim, and trying to find a job here in the country. It is a very rural area, and the biggest town is about 45 minutes north and still only about 30,000 people. Not working and being busy all the time is really hard to me, I get down very easily doing nothing. I started to miss my friends and family more than normal, wishing I could live closer to them. Chance was quite the trooper all summer though, not only did he take excellent care of me, but he put up with me being a bi-polar pain in the rear end. Some days I tried really hard to be 'happy', but he was not buying it. Other days I did not hide it and I would let my horns show. I felt trapped, with Tim still being such a puppy it was even hard for us to go out to dinner because travel to get anywhere takes about 2 hours round trip, and Chance started working evenings so then I was home at night alone and it was just not a fun situation. I just wanted to find a job and start having a routine, but it felt like it would never happen. I applied to positions every day and yet, I never received phone calls... talk about lifting your spirits.. Chance was very encouraging and tried to keep me positive.

So blogging about being kind of depressed for the summer just did not seem appealing, but I am in much better spirits now and hoping for a happier fall. Some things that happened in the last two months..

I got another year older
We survived a hurricane with minimal damage
Tim has learned to open the doors in our house and his favorite items to snag are toilet paper and socks
We got to explore Ocean City, MD finally
Tim has almost tripled in size since we first got him in July
and as of last week I got a job! :)

Date Night in Ocean City

Timmy All Tuckered Out After Playing
I have always LOVED Summer, but this year I am very excited for this change in seasons...Mostly the change of season in my spirit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment